Work with us
We’re looking for sharp, creative folks who learn fast and are pro-active. If joining a stiff MNC is not for you, hitch your wagon to our star. We especially love go-getters who want to punch above their weight!
Why We Are Here
Perfecting the last mile of any supply chain is no easy feat. For brands that need to get their food or retail products to consumers, the last mile is especially crucial to get absolutely right. What’s at stake? Empty shelves, stores out of stock – deep frustration all around.
With the rise of on-demand services, ‘quick commerce’ (same day delivery within hours) is an especially growing trend. This has created a lot of pressure for the last-mile to execute logistics perfectly every time. But without the right technology, this is literally impossible.
At VersaFleet, we have developed technology that works, taking state-of-the-art from R&D, to drivers and the everyman on the ground. We firmly believe that all transporters should be enabled with technology that’s easy to live with – that actually empowers us.
Coming together from diverse backgrounds, every member of Team VersaFleet brings unique perspectives at tackling at age-old logistics problems. We experiment boldly with new ideas and approaches, and expect only the best from ourselves.
If you think you can contribute to supply chain innovation and technology, reach out to us!
The Way We Work
As a team of techies, we spend all our days in product development, working closely with end-users, our trusted partners around the world, as well as our research collaborators in academia. We keep up with rapidly changing technological trends and advancements, continuously iterating our products to adapt to the needs of the market. We are a small, tech-savvy team of geeks full of energy, creativity and “get-it-done” gumption, working in a highly agile and fast-paced environment.
Above all, we care deeply for everyone: our team, our customers, our partners – we make sure to always achieve the best for each of us.
We pro-actively ask questions, probe and gain a deeper understanding of the problems we are trying to solve for the industry we serve. Our diverse backgrounds enable us to share and learn from one another, developing new skills as we grow as a team.
Going above and beyond, we experiment with new ideas to introduce & implement cutting edge solutions for supply chains. Sometimes we march to the beat of our own drum, all in the spirit of driving innovation and helping our customers succeed with technology.
We believe that progress is inevitable and we should strive to keep up with it by tirelessly innovating and experimenting with new ideas. At the same time, we constantly drive ourselves to deliver positive results consistently.
Looking for talent
Learn about open roles on the VersaFleet team
Software Engineering Manager
The Software Engineering Manager reports to Co-CEO of VersaFleet. If you are smart, creative and an energetic individual who wants to be challenged, competent in getting work done and overcoming barriers in your way and are excited about working in a small, vibrant team that geeks out on tech and innovation, we WANT you!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of 4-6 software engineers in Singapore and across multiple ASEAN locations, motivating and growing technical expertise in line with each developer’s individual career aspirations
- Introduce and establish clear processes and coding standards to ensure consistently high code quality, including adoption of industry best-practices and automated developmental tools where appropriate, e.g. TDD, CI
- Provide expert technical guidance to the engineering team, reviewing final Pull Requests before code merge and deployment to production, always making sure that the DevOps environment is stable and resilient
- Plan and execute initiatives to improve the Company’s core technological stack to maintain a stable product infrastructure with 99.999% uptime and high system-response rate for a large enterprise-user base
- In partnership with the Company’s Founder, define, prioritize, plan and drive the execution of the technological vision and engineering team structure and roles required to achieve the company’s growth objectives
- Drive the Company’s ongoing R&D programs with research collaborators in academia and industry to implement Artificial Intelligence to improve and optimize key engineering components of the product tech stack
- Guide and work closely with senior engineers to architecture, develop and deploy new features and enhancements to enterprise web- and mobile-based applications in a true SaaS, multi-tenant environment
- Ensure that QA function works closely in sync with Product and Engineering, with clearly described processes for unit testing, regression & preflight testing, issues & bug reporting, and other best-practices in QA
- Participate in the specification of new features and enhancements being prioritized by the Design and Product teams, including tech feasibility of functions and various interfaces of products or features to be developed.
- Continually validate and ensure overall system stability, scalability, security and portability in line with the Company’s growing business needs and constantly evolving technological progression
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on software development experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as software engineering manager or technical lead
- People management experience, in particular in hiring, motivating and conducting performance review of engineers
- Providing coaching and regular feedback to team members on periodic basis
- Work with the engineering team to plan and track development of all projects through delivery to production – make sure projects are delivered on budget and on time. – Provide project status information to the product team, customer support
- Experience in software development methodologies
- Experience in developing real-time web applications
- Experience in building and integrating large-scale software systems
- Involvement in complete software development life cycle of at least one project
- Strong knowledge in software/web architectures and design patterns
- Strong experience in at least one software/web development language
- Experience with software and web engineering tools
- Experience with continuous integration and code management repository tools
- Strong technical leadership and collaboration skills.
- Good technical writing and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong decision-making skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly adept at project management in a demanding fast-changing environment with tight deadlines and scarce resources. Ability to multi-task is key.
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
What to Expect
- Start-up culture: Highly agile and fast-paced environment
- Experience: Opportunity to learn a diverse range of skills in high-tech entrepreneurship
- A rapidly growing company with high career growth prospects internationally
- A small, tech-savvy team of geeks full of energy, creativity and “get-it-done” gumption
- Code design & implementation of features & functions based on detailed specs, including database design and back-end coding
- Perform code maintenance and multi-tenancy deployments on the cloud (AWS)
- Creation of internal & external RESTful services
- Professional experience with at least 1 modern full-stack framework (knowledge of Ruby on Rails will be an advantage)
- Experience with or familiarity with developing RESTful services (JSON)
- Experience with or familiarity with at least 1 front end framework (knowledge of React will be an advantage)
- Experience with source control systems like Git
- Good written and spoken English
- Eager to learn, able to grasp concepts quickly
- Great team player and inter-personal skills
Creative Designer & Marketing Executive
The Creative Design & Marketing Executive is in charge of executing the company’s marketing activities. He/she is involved throughout the campaign ideation, planning, implementation, measurement, and optimization process. The role reports to Co-CEO.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the team in the development of the overall digital marketing strategy
- Support and assist the conceptualising and development of Offline & Digital marketing campaigns
- Manage and oversee the implementation of marketing activities across a broad range of marketing channels (Offline & Digital channels, including but not limited to the website, social media channels, EDMs & product brochures)
- Manage and maintain the company’s owned media including but not limited to the company’s website & social media assets
- Manage the creation of relevant and engaging digital content for publishing onto various digital platforms, including working closely with external parties or vendors if required
- Oversee content creation activities, ensuring SEO is optimised wherever possible
- Oversee, implement & monitor analysis tools for measuring the performance of marketing activities
- Analyze digital marketing analytics reports and share insights with the team to develop optimization plans
- Conduct research on market trends, brand’s audiences and competitors, and end-to-end consumer journey to drive engagements and conversions
- Stay abreast of emerging digital tools and platforms, digital marketing trends, new technologies, and share insights with the rest of the team
- Conceptualising and designing of marketing collateral including social media posts, visuals for marketing proposals and branding
- Be a part of planning and development stages for carrying out various marketing campaigns
- Manage the company’s branding styleguides and ensure brand consistency
- Contribute design assets for the design team
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Business Writing
- Content Curation
- Copywriting, Copy Editing
- Digital Advertising, Digital Marketing Analytics
- Creative Design
- Web Analytics Generic
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Verbal)
- Communication (Written)
- Computational Thinking